For many people, owning their own home is the American dream. The Prosperity Center can help! Homebuyer Education and counseling services can assist you in reaching your goal of homeownership. Attend a First Time Homebuyer Education seminar and learn the steps toward owning your own home.
Homebuyer Education Seminars are presented by the Prosperity Center and funded by the Washington State Housing Finance Commission. Homebuyers will learn how to purchase and maintain a home. These seminars are the first step in purchasing a home. They are free and open to the public, include information about the Commission's first mortgage programs, down-payment assistance, and other loan programs; and are accepted by all affordable housing loan programs as meeting or exceeding educational requirements.
Prosperity Center instructors have attended training and agree to the standards which assure that:
- Seminars are at least five hours in length, covering all major aspects of the home buying process.
- Seminars are presented in an open, unbiased format.
- Seminars use approved training materials and handouts.
- Seminars are offered by professionals who have attended the Commission's instructor training.
- No direct marketing or sales presentations may be given either by the instructor or any guest speakers.
Call today to sign up for a seminar near you! Call (509) 350-8207 or (509) 361-2499.